An effective safety system for the church should include the following components. Each of these components is valuable as part of a program, but cannont creat a safe environment standing alone.
- Sexual Abuse Awareness Training (for all staff members and volunteers).
- An effective screening process (for screening and hiring of personnel, including volunteers).
- An appropriate criminal background check.
- Tailored policies and procedures
- Effective monitoring and oversight of all ministry programs involving children or vulnerable adults.
The single most important step a church can take? Up next….