As reports of child sexual abuse continue to appear in headlines, parents are seeking resources to understand and address the risk of sexual abuse. Ministries serve as an excellent resource to empower parents to better protect their OWN children. Parent Training equips parents with facts and information to recognize the offender’s ‘grooming process’ before a child is targeted for abuse.
Parent/Guardian Training is not a substitute for Sexual Abuse Awareness Training, and should not be utilized as such by Ministries; this Training is intended as a resource for parents only.
Parent/Guardian Training can be purchased as a Single User or train multiple people as a MinistrySafe Member.
Parent/Guardian Training Topics Include:
- Facts and common misconceptions related to sexual abuse
- Abuser characteristics
- The offender's 'grooming process' and 'common grooming behaviors'
- What to do if you suspect abuse or if a child reports abuse
- Peer-to-peer sexual abuse
- Teaching your child about sexual abuse
- The 5-Part Safety System
- Message to men